Wednesday, June 1, 2011

To Junk or Paint?

I don't know which I'd rather do...go junking with my mom or paint?  I love junking with my mom, although the area where we live was tragically impaired after Hurrican Katrina came barrelling in and swept all our good junk out to sea almost six years ago!  I can't believe it has been almost that long.  August 29th will be six years.  But this blog is not about that time in my life.  Rather, I want it to be about the things I enjoy doing and the people who I love. My mother is an amazing woman...she is 75 years  young and she is my best friend.  I am so very blessed that she is here with me and that we can still go and do our junking outings...we love the Goodwill, the Doggy Bow Wow Thrift Store, the America's Thrift Store, and garage sales and estate sales anytime we see one!  She and I have an uncanny way of noticing the same things at the same time...we just roll like that!  This summer, we are making a big effort to take my one and only daughter, Emma, with us as a Junior Junker in Training!  She is nine and she has her own Blog and she has inspired me to begin my own.  She will one day be a famous writer...She writes amazing stories and she is a huge reader, as my mother and I are...Books are a favorite item to purchase on our thrifting junkets.

You may be wondering where the painting comes in...I am an artist.  I even have a degree in Fine Art.  I love to paint mostly with watercolors, although in the past two years, I have been dabbling in acylics as well.  I love to paint people mostly, particullarly portraits.  But I also paint still lifes and scenes that make me feel peaceful...like I could just sit down and enjoy myself inside that painting!  I also paint murals and do lots of custom artwork, especially for children's rooms...fairys, mermaids, and such. 

I will pick up a paintbrush to paint ANYTHING!  I will paint a room, a rug, a candlestick, box, lamp or tray, a chair, dresser or table, art for my walls, art for your walls!  Anything is fair game as far as I am concerned.  My mom and I keep our eyes peeled for anything inexpensive which can be transformed into FABULOUS!
Paint is my friend and I'm not afraid to use it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment